Worried about electricity costs this summer? Just like standard appliances within the home, upgrading your pool’s pump can help lower your energy costs.
According to Alex Sheridan, owner of Dr. H2O Village West Pools, “single-speed pump systems are prohibited in California, so it makes sense to upgrade to a system that will not only keep you in compliance, but will also help cut energy costs as well.” If pool’s filtration pump is replaced with a variable speed model, the energy the pump uses can be cut anywhere from 50-75%.
One such pump is the Intelliflo Variable-Speed Pump. Reasonably priced, this pump meets the strict energy efficiency criteria set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department Energy offering an energy savings up of up 90% versus traditional pumps.
According to Pentair’s product page, the Intelliflo offers the following features:
- ENERGY STAR® Certified: meets strict energy efficiency criteria set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Energy savings up to 90% versus traditional pumps*
- 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer to ensure the pump runs at optimum speed and duration
- Ultra-efficient permanent magnet motor design reduces noise and vibration for greater efficiency and longer pump life
- Dramatically quieter operation – as low as 45 decibels – about 4 times quieter than most traditional-style pumps.**
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design and low average operating speed makes IntelliFlo the quietest pump on earth
- Fully compatible with IntelliTouch®, EasyTouch®, SunTouch® Pool Control Systems and other brands of digital pool/spa controls for managing pump, heating, lighting, spa jets and water features.
- Built in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life
As if that wasn’t enough, consumer purchasers who opt for professional installation by a qualified installer will enjoy extended warranty coverage.
To learn more about the IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, please give Dr. H20 Village West Pools a call at (661) 297-0438.