There’s really nothing better than spending a beautiful day out with friends and family near the pool. And with Labor Day festivities this weekend, we have no doubt that you’ll be enjoying that lounge chair and pool float.
Pools are amazing, we totally agree! But with a pool comes a lot of responsibility, and we want to remind you to have a safe weekend by providing a list of easy pool safety tips.
Pool Safety Tips
- Watch your children at all times when they are in the pool. If distractions are expected, then consider hiring a certified lifeguard to keep their eyes on the water for you.
- Warn babysitters or caregivers about the dangers of water to young children and stress the need for constant supervision.
- Secure access to your swimming pool. Use fences, self-closing and latching gates, or even water surface alarms.
- Don’t assume your children will use good judgement and caution around the water.
- Store water toys away from the water when not in use, so that they don’t attract the children
- Be ready for emergencies. Keep emergency telephone numbers handy, and make sure that you have an unlocked cell phone or home phone nearby at all times.
We want you to be safe, have fun and enjoy yourselves this weekend. And we honor the workers who have made the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country possible!
Happy Labor Day!