Pool self-maintenance seems like an easy prospect, but in the end it is not often worth the headache. Here are the top reasons to hire a professional pool care technician.
1. Your time is better spent doing other things- Pool care can be a time-consuming process, and you work hard all week, why waste hours you could be spending with family caring for your pool?
2. Pools are complex- How often does my pool have to be skimmed? How much chlorine should I add? Should I drain my pool in the winter? These are all questions you might face in pool maintenance, and answering them incorrectly can lead to damages to your investment or an unsafe swimming environment.
3. It actually can be less expensive– buying pool supplies, tools, and repair equipment is expensive. Many times pool technicians can get better deals on these supplies as they buy them in such large quantities and on such a regular basis. Moreover, calculate how much you make an hour, and then see how long your next self-maintenance costs you timewise, you’d be surprised.
4. Safety is a big concern– Do you know how to properly handle pool chemicals? How about proper pool safety when working on the pumps or electrical components of your pool? Do you know how to make pool water safe after adding too much of one chemical or another? As a pool owner, you have to ask if the risks of pool maintenance are worth doing it yourself. More often than not a trained pool professional is the safer option.
5. Pool experts can nip problems in the bud– a qualified pool technician, like a good doctor, can recognize the signs and symptoms of pool problems before they become costly repairs. Their experience working with pools of all sorts and types gives them the ability to spot these otherwise invisible problems.
Your time is better spent playing in your pool not caring for it. So do yourself a favor and let a professional take care of your pool and gain the peace of mind that your investment is in good hands.